Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Portal » Portal » Site News and more. » Off Topic

Post subject: ai-seo-service.com sends fake google analytics traffic
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:35 pm 
Site Admin

yeah, they dont visit your site but they sure do want you to visit yours, what they do is not illegal, at least i dont think so but it sure is unethical to the max.

It seems its always these SEO type sites that are trying to sell you whatever so they spam the google servers to think your page gets a hit, then the unsuspecting web page owner ends up going to their page and well i guess if you get enough lemmings to show up eventually you will get a sale.

what do you do about it? well there isnt much you can do other than filter out the bad data, now usually they dont send all that many hits so it wont really make any kind of difference in your google analytics reports but it does irk you.

Sometimes they will send like 30 or 50 at the same time to make sure if your watching in real time you will notice the annoying referring domain and check it out.

so in closing i say....well i think you should just try and not let it bother you, keep your head up and move on with your day....have a great weekend everyone!

Portal » Portal » Site News and more. » Off Topic